We have been using an electric NON-Stick griddle for years. They work great but we had to replace them at least one a year. No matter what I did – spray with cooking spray, use lower heat, use higher heat, boil water in it after cooking I could not get them clean. After a few months of use the NON-Stick would fail, I don’t care to have that stuff in my system.
So I went looking for some sort of replacement for the NON-Stick type of griddle.
I came across Lodge Logic Cast Iron Reversible Grid.
Lodge Double Play Seasoned Cast Iron Reversible Griddle:
- Large enough to fit over 2 burners on the standard stove top or range
- Ribbed on one side and flat on the other side
- Handles for carrying or hanging when not in use
- Lodge’s cast iron is electrostatic ally coated with a proprietary vegetable oil and cured at high temperatures to allow the oil to deeply penetrate the surface of the cast iron; griddle is ready to use right out of the box
- 16-3/4″L x 9-1/2″W x 9/16″D
We use it almost everyday.
Every once in awhile you come across a product that really does excel one’s expectations. Whether grilling steaks on one side to hash browns eggs and pancakes on the other we were amazed at how the heat is even and the surface easy to work with. This covers 2 burners on a regular sized stove. Heats up nicely.
One of the cons with this griddle is the lip around the edge is not tall enough. If your not careful your scrambled eggs will run over the side.